First Baptist Church Mission Association
The purposes of the First Baptist Church Mission Association are to:
- educate members of the congregation on the work of Canadian Baptist Ministries (CBM)
- provide support for missions directly and through the Baptist Women of Ontario and Quebec (BWOQ)
- promote spiritual growth among our members
- develop and support projects in our community related to mission
- promote fellowship among the members of the Mission Association and the congregation in general
Membership in the MA is open to all who attend First Baptist Church.
Since 2007, the MA has supported CBM missionaries Bruno and Kathleen Soucy as they have carried out community development and micro-credit projects in Rwanda. Through BWOQ, we also partnered with Habitat for Humanity, and Mathew House. to eliminate poverty and homelessness by providing affordable housing for low-income individuals The former works to eliminate poverty and homelessness by providing affordable housing to low-income individuals while the latter provide temporary shelter for refugee claimants in Toronto, Windsor and Ottawa. Funds to assist these projects come from free will offerings, a spring book sale and a late fall bazaar.
The MA meets three times yearly and coordinates two Sunday worship services, Missions Sunday in April and a Thank Offering service in October.